Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Favorite Books



"Alchemist" is a favorite book of the rich and the poor in 117 countries of the world.

To achieve an embodiment of the destiny is the only real duty of the person... All people while they are still young know the destiny... But eventually mysterious force begins to convince them that to achieve an embodiment of their destiny is impossible.

This force seems to be spiteful, but actually it specifies to the person how to embody the destiny. It prepares his spirit and his will for it. On this planet there is one great true: when you really wish something, you will achieve it; in fact such desire had arisen in the soul of the Universe. And it also is your applicability on the Earth.




"On the bank of Rio-Pjedra..." is the first of the novels of the trilogy "On the seventh day" which also consists of "Veronica decides to die" and "Devil and Senioritis Prim". All three novels tell us about one week from the life of the young women who suddenly found themselves before a call which is necessary to be replied immediately. Her life was changed forever when she met a childhood friend.



"I aspire to overtake love, and it is painful for me to think of people to whom I gave my heart. And still now it is obvious, that people exciting my heart, left my body to be indifferent; those who managed to excite my body, left my heart to be indifferent ".

In this diary note seventeen-year-old Maria, the heroine of the last novel of Paulo Coelho "Eleven minutes", opens the purpose of those searches to which this touching and exciting book is devoted. Maria was disappointed in love and sex, and an image of two in love, merged with soul and a body in ideal harmony, becomes an unattainable Utopia for her.



Rather like a cross-section of Paulo Coelho’s literary work, Like the Flowing River is a compilation of tales, opinions and ideas drawn from articles published in various newspapers between 1998 and 2005.

“The pages in this book describe moments I have lived, stories I was told, and thoughts I’ve had at every stage of the river of my life” - Paulo Coelho


Who is this mysterious woman called Athena? The orphan abandoned by her gypsy mother in Transylvania. The child taken to Beirut by her adoptive parents. The clerk working in a large bank in London. The successful real estate agent in Dubai. The priestess of Portobello Road.

“I wanted to explore the feminine side of divinity, I wanted to plunge into the heart of the Great Mother. I felt the need to question why society had tried to lock away the feminine side of God. But why explore the feminine side of God? People sometimes ask me if I believe in witches, to which I always answer: I do. Unfortunately the word “witch” still has many bad connotations. To me, a witch is a woman who is capable of letting her intuition guide her actions, one who communes with her environment, who isn’t afraid of facing challenges. I wanted to talk about the prejudice that modern witches face in modern society” - Paulo Coelho

source: >link<

I've read all of these Paulo Coelho books except Witch of Portobello because I am still reading it. I am inspired by this amazing author, Paulo Coelho. I am awaken by the light within me. The personal struggles that I came to realize and the hand that guides us all touched the my innermost being. Thanks to Paulo Coelho's gift of wisdom, gift of words that touched millions of people around the globe. I strongly recommend all the books of Paulo Coelho. Start by reading The Alchemist. Enjoy and happy reading.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i like ur book The Alchemist it was my first book too

i also read ur book brida it was good too but i like The Alchemist a most.










Thanx for writing such good books.
or to inspire us.

Unknown said...

life is a journey???????


life is not a journey but a long journey which is full of excitements n up n down. Up ur good time n down when ur not get which makes u satisfy.

L:-long lasting
I:-incredible(or just amazing)
F:full of up n Downs
E:excitement

azureangelic said...

hello manish,

yes i like Paulo Coelho's novels.

take note.. im not the author.. hehe
im yvette.

thanks for the comment. Enjoy Paulo Coelho's novels..

yes life is a journey, may it be a short or a long one. It depends upon the life span of a person but still Life is indeed a journey.

Ark said...

The Alchemist is one of my favorite books. I really believe that the whole universe conspires with you so that you can achieve your dreams. ;-)